Windjammers will return to Sarasota for their winter convention in 2023. A different hotel will be our headquarters and concerts are scheduled at the Ringling Museum and at the Sailor Circus Arena
The convention hotel this year is the Ramada by Wyndham Sarasota Waterfront at 7150 N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34243. A limited number of rooms have been reserved for Windjammers. Contact the hotel directly (941 203 6439) for the latest information on availability.
All of the rehearsals and recording sessions, the Saturday Banquet and Sunday Breakfast, and other activities, will be held at the Ramada by Wyndham Sarasota Waterfront, 7150 N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34243.
A portion of your registration fee “buys the house” through a $2,000.00 donation to the Sailor Circus allowing us to play and invite our friends and the community to enjoy this special event.
- Band: There will be one recording band this year and will form the Center Ring Band for Sunday’s main concert.
- Two smaller bands: a Circus Band and a Ringling Band will be selected from the registrants at the discretion of the organizers/conductors. In addition, there will be a group of volunteers to play at a brief memorial service at the Manasota Memorial Gardens Saturday afternoon. By registering for the convention, it is assumed you will be available to participate in the activities of the band to which you are assigned. Unfortunately, band assignments cannot be made until we determine who will be attending the Convention.
- Meals: Two meals will be provided as a part of your registration: the Saturday evening banquet and the Sunday breakfast buffet. Partial Registrations are not available. The Saturday night banquet will be at the Ramada and dress will be casual. There will be a choice of three entrees: (1) Beef (2) Chicken (3) Vegetarian.
- Dress and Equipment: For the concerts, musicians are to wear a short sleeve white shirt, black slacks, black shoes, black socks, and a long black tie. Members should also bring their instrument, a music stand, wind clips, battery operated stand light, and any other needed accessories.
- Cancellations: Registration for the 2023 convention closed on December 15, 2022. No refunds are available.
- Membership: You MUST be a 2023 member in good standing to participate in the Recording/Performing Band (this includes the dance band). New member applications and renewal applications are available online with the link below.
- Further Questions: Contact WJU Convention Coordination Team Chair, Lynette Garlan at email@example.com or 412-916-8131.
To view the tentative Winter Meet Schedule, please click HERE (version 12-30-22)
As always, your convention sheet music is included with your paid registration. This year your music will be emailed to you with a DropBox PDF link. You will be able to print all your parts at home. After perhaps not playing as often during the pandemic, having the music in advance of the convention will enable you to get in practice time so you will be ready to play on January 16th. If you prefer to have Windjammers print the music for you and pick it up when you arrive, there is a $25.00 fee to offset the labor and printing costs. You can select this option on the registration form at the end.
Bookings are closed for this event.