The 2023 Windjammers Winter Convention is shaping up with a performance back with the Sailor Circus on Sunday, January 15 and a concert at the Ringling on Friday, January 13, 2023.
Reserve Your Hotel Room Now
The hotel this year is the Ramada by Wyndham Sarasota Waterfront at 7150 N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34243. Yes, we are in Sarasota, not Bradenton to be closer to Ringling and Sailor Circus. The blended rate for the time period before taxes is $129 a night. If you stay Tuesday through Sunday, the blended rate is $133 a night before taxes.
All of the rehearsals and recording sessions, the Saturday Banquet and Sunday Breakfast, and other activities, will be held at the Ramada by Wyndham Sarasota Waterfront, 7150 N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34243.
A portion of your registration fee “buys the house” through a $2,000.00 donation to the Sailor Circus allowing us to play and invite our friends and the community to enjoy this special event.
- Band: There will be one recording band this year and will form the Center Ring Band for Sunday’s main concert.
- Two smaller bands: a Circus Band and a Ringling Band will be selected from the registrants at the discretion of the organizers/conductors. In addition, there will be a group of volunteers to play at a brief memorial service at the Manasota Memorial Gardens Saturday afternoon. By registering for the convention, it is assumed you will be available to participate in the activities of the band to which you are assigned. Unfortunately, band assignments cannot be made until we determine who will be attending the Convention.
- Meals: Two meals will be provided as a part of your registration: the Saturday evening banquet and the Sunday breakfast buffet. Partial Registrations are not available. The Saturday night banquet will be at the Ramada and dress will be casual. There will be a choice of three entrees: (1) Beef (2) Chicken (3) Vegetarian.
- Dress and Equipment: For the concerts, musicians are to wear a short sleeve white shirt, black slacks, black shoes, black socks, and a long black tie. Members should also bring their instrument, a music stand, wind clips, battery operated stand light, and any other needed accessories.
- Cancellations: Registration cancellations can be made and fees refunded until December 15, 2022. NO refunds will be issued after December 15, 2022.
- Membership: You MUST be a 2023 member in good standing to participate in the Recording/Performing Band (this includes the dance band). New member applications and renewal applications are available online with the link below.
- Further Questions: Contact WJU Convention Coordination Team Chair, Lynette Garlan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-916-8131.
To view the tentative Winter Meet Schedule, please click HERE (version 10-05-22)
Register for the Winter Convention
Use the form below to register up to two playing members at one address and up to two non-playing members (NPMs) or guests. Registration deadline is December 15, 2023.
You need to be a member in good standing in order to play in the Windjammers bands. If you need to renew your current membership, you can click here. If you are not already a Windjammers member, you can join by clicking here.
As always, your convention sheet music is included with your paid registration. This year your music will be emailed to you with a DropBox PDF link. You will be able to print all your parts at home. After perhaps not playing as often during the pandemic, having the music in advance of the convention will enable you to get in practice time so you will be ready to play on January 16th. If you prefer to have Windjammers print the music for you and pick it up when you arrive, there is a $25.00 fee to offset the labor and printing costs. You can select this option on the registration form at the end.
- Playing Member $135.00 each
- Non-Playing Member (NPM) or Guest: $80.00
You can play online with PayPal using your credit card or PayPal account. If you prefer to pay by check, select “pay off-line and make the check payable to “Windjammers Unlimited.” Checks should be mailed to our Windjammers Treasurer:
- Howard Habenicht, Treasurer
82 Country Club Drive
Bloomingdale, IL 60108-1262
Please complete the registration form below and then —-SUBMIT— BEFORE proceeding to PAYMENT information.
Proceed then to the PAYMENT section. If you have logged on to your WJU account, the name and address will populate the PAYMENT form.
Log in if you already have an account with us.