Registration is Now Closed for the Summer Convention
Windjammers Summer Convention, Baraboo July 11-16, 2023
Join us in the summer where it all began in 1884 in Baraboo, WI. Tour the historic buildings where Ringling Brothers had their winter quarters for 34 years, now the home of the spectacular Circus World Museum. Enjoy the daily circus at the Circus World Museum and participate in the Windjammers Concert on the grounds. Tour the collection of more than 100 restored circus wagons. Meet old friends and make new ones in the daily rehearsals.
Windjammers last met for a summer convention in Baraboo in 2016. Ask anyone who went, and they will tell you what a great experience it was.
If you want to learn more about the Baraboo, click the link below for photos of the 2016 WJU Baraboo Convention. The convention will be held at the expansive conference facilities at the Ho-Chunk Casino.
General Convention & Registration Information
- To play in the Windjammers Band you must be a member in good standing at the time of the meet or convention. If you need to renew your membership, click here. Dues should be paid separately from convention registration.
- Bring a music stand (and battery music light for Thursday evening concert)
- The registration fee includes the Saturday night banquet (do not forget to make a meal choice), and the Sunday buffet breakfast.
- The Friday Duck Boat Tour is not included in the meet registration fee, but if you plan to go, please add it to the total amount enclosed in order to help us secure a group block of tickets.
- We are not able to do partial registrations or walk-ins because catering requires weeks of notice.
- We will not be able to give refunds after June 16, 2023 the day hotel block registration also ends.
- When you get to the end of the registration form you will see you can pay with PayPal/any Credit Card or select “Pay offline” with a check payable to Windjammers Unlimited and mailed to:
Howard Habenicht, 82 Country Club Drive, Bloomingdale, IL 60108.
- We need to receive your registration by mail or online by the deadline: JUNE 16, 2023
- If you are renewing your membership by check, please pay with a separate check, made payable to Windjammers Unlimited and mailed to Howard Habenicht. Remember, you can also renew and pay online.
- The uniform for all performances is white dress shirt or blouse (long or short sleeve), black trousers or skirt, black shoes, black socks. No ties!
- There are two performances planned: Thursday evening (7-9 pm) on the Square at Baraboo and Saturday morning in the big top before the circus performance at Circus World.
- Registration includes a day-long pass to the Circus World Museum, with the massive collection of restored circus wagons, displays and the historic original winter quarters of the Ringling Brothers Circus.
Ho-Chunk Casino Hotel (more hotel information)
Ho-Chunk Casino Hotel, the Windjammers meet hotel, offers premier Wisconsin Dells lodging in a resort-inspired atmosphere. The 302 rooms and suites feature exceptional amenities. You may choose from a wide selection of room types and configurations. They have spacious 350 sq. ft. rooms in your choice of Premier Rooms and Deluxe Rooms available in King and Double Queen configurations. They offer Executive Suites and VIP Suites. So whether you’re a professional looking for Wisconsin Dells lodging with room to work and play, or newlyweds, Ho-Chunk has your perfect room preferences with 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, year-round, services at your disposal.
Elegance and comfort is the standard in all of the hotel rooms. Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin offers a range of adventure and entertainment options. The hotel is 5 minutes from I-90 and 10 minutes from downtown Baraboo. The Ho-Chunk Casino also features an excellent campground on the property with all the amenities. Two restaurants are available in the Ho-Chunk facility.￼